Le développement de cet émulateur a débuté le 14/10/2004. Sa priorité est de servir d’outil de débugging et de posséder un code propre. Sa compatibilité est de l’odre de 10-20% et requiert une configuration assez musclée en comparaison avec ses concurrents.

The rewrite is now complete. I finished adding frameskip, and fixed some crashing issues with loading multiple ROMs. I wrapped all malloc/free calls with memalloc/memfree, which are custom functions that log each call, and let you pass sprintf-style arguments to them to debug memory leaks. Don’t see any, nor have I noticed any in bsnes; but it makes a nice test tool anyway.
I found out today that the mvn/mvp instructions actually set the DB register to the destination bank. Weird. This fixed Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest III (which now runs as a result) graphics. Not all of them, but quite a few. I had also previously been setting the M/X flags of the P register when xce was executed. I never anticipated a game using xce while in native mode to switch to… native mode… but apparently, Chrono Trigger does. And my code was incorrect. So now Chrono Trigger gets past the name select screen, but dies a few screens after still.
The only really major flaw I am aware of that bsnes v0.005 did not have is with the battle screens in Squaresoft games. I get horrible flickering and « crushed scanlines » every other frame on them, for some reason. I’ll try and track that down for the next release, but I didn’t want to hold up a new release any longer. As a result, I’ll leave up v0.005a for the time being until I get this problem fixed.

Site Officiel

En savoir plus…